Two LDRN partner institutions, University of São Paulo Law Faculty & FGV Direito São Paulo, will be co-hosting the event “Law & Development: New Institutional Approaches from the Global South” on 5 – 6 August 2019.
The event will include a keynote lecture by Prof. Katharina Pistor (Columbia Law School), as well as roundtables on:
- Law, political economy and institutions;
- Democratic institutions in movement;
- Corruption and reform in the Global South;
- Financial regulation; and
- Socio-legal architecture of markets.
There will also be a book launch for “The Code of Capital: How the Law Creates Wealth and Inequality” by Katharina Pistor.
See here for further information
Register on the event website