Leverhulme Trust Doctoral Scholarship Programme TRANSFORM now open for applications
- 6 fully funded PhD scholarships available in 2021
- Applicants can either choose from four suggested topic areas or develop their own topic area within the TRANSFORM themes.
- Applications close on 7th March 2021 (GMT)
- UK (home) and international students are eligible to apply for the scholarship
The call for applications for six doctoral scholarships under the TRANSFORM programme at the University of Warwick (an LDRN partner institution) is now open. Successful applicants will enter a new four-year PhD programme in Global Sustainable Development. They will be trained in how to advance sustainability in the real world, getting to the root of huge challenges like boosting climate resilience and establishing healthier cities.
Called ‘TRANSFORM: Transformations of Human-Environment Interactions to Sustainable Development’, the doctoral scholarship programme is directed by Professor João Porto de Albuquerque, who is also the Director of the Institute for Global Sustainable Development at the University of Warwick.
Each doctoral scholar will receive academic supervision from two Warwick experts in separate fields (such as engineering, medicine, business, humanities, arts, and law), as well as mentorship from a partner organisation (such as UN-Habitat, the British Geological Survey, African Population and Health Research Centre).
This year, candidates have the option either to apply for one of four suggested research topics or to propose their own research under one of the three research themes of the programme.
Suggested topics include:
- Climate Memory from Environmental Data Archives: An Exploration of Slow Change, Extreme Events and Human Adaptation
- Data, community and reconfiguring the post-pandemic city
- Understanding the global impacts of electric vehicles
- Financing ‘Green’ and ‘Sustainable’ Transitions
Full details of the application process, including topics, guidance and eligibility, can be found at warwick.ac.uk/transform/apply/
The closing date is 7th March 2021.