The Van Vollenhoven Institute for Law, Governance and Society (VVI) at the Leiden Law School is seeking an Assistant Professor of Law & Society.
- Teaching and developing socio-legal courses in VVI’s academic domain, for the bachelors and masters programmes of Leiden Law School and Leiden University College;
- Developing research and conducting research in VVI’s academic domain;
- Cooperating in the acquisition and management of research and teaching projects.
- Relevant Masters degree in Law, and/or Social Sciences, and/or Humanities;
- PhD degree directly relevant to VVI’s academic domain and approach;
- Teaching experience; proven record as good, inspiring teacher;
- Experience with developing new teaching modules;
- Experience with socio-legal research on the national and local level in the Global North and/or the Global South;
- Good publication record commensurate with career stage;
- Good language skills, including an excellent command of English. Knowledge of Dutch is considered an advantage;
- Team player with strong proven organizational skills, and relevant networks;
- Willingness to travel.
Deadline: 12 January 2020
For more information and to apply, please see the full vacancy notice